HILEYBOY

My photo
Leeds, west yorkshire, United Kingdom
I'm currently on a worldwide trip seeing some of the most amazing places in the world, meeting some of the greatest people there is to meet and trying to be the best that i can be and use the little i have to help others and make a difference

Welcome to my blog

Keep checking up for all my relevant, or not so relevant news pics and info. Keep in touch by leaving your comments or by emailing hileyboy@yahoo.com

Check out my book of face

Ian Hiley's Facebook profile

Monday 14 January 2008

Lake Johnson scripture union camp

Well Lake Johnson camp is over. A great experience, lots of new challenges for me as well as the young people i was working with. I learnt lots of new words as i fanged it up the hill, went for a tramp, enjoyed wearing my jandles/thongs and tried out some of the kids scroggun (not sure bout all those spellings).








The young people here are much more used to the outdoors and there is a lot less emphasis on all the health and safety stuff you have to go through in England, but underneath they are still similar and it was great to have the opportunity for me to have the privelege of inputting on their lives they all enjoyed having a "whinging pom" along for the ride.



By the end of the week i had made lots of new friends, tried lots of new things, got very smelly and have left with lots of fun memories.



The teaching we gave the kids this week was about one of Jesus disciples Peter and how he learnt to follow Jesus by giving things a go and by learning from his mistakes. He's the only person other than Jesus recordedto have walked on water, but to do it he had to be brave enough to get out of the boat. I guess at the start of my trip i feel as if i'm getting out of my nice safe boat of Melbourne and starting to walk on water (seriously i did - waterski-ing is loads of fun.) i am looking forward to lots more exciting moments.

No comments: