HILEYBOY

My photo
Leeds, west yorkshire, United Kingdom
I'm currently on a worldwide trip seeing some of the most amazing places in the world, meeting some of the greatest people there is to meet and trying to be the best that i can be and use the little i have to help others and make a difference

Welcome to my blog

Keep checking up for all my relevant, or not so relevant news pics and info. Keep in touch by leaving your comments or by emailing hileyboy@yahoo.com

Check out my book of face

Ian Hiley's Facebook profile

Thursday 21 February 2008

Still Sydney

Waking early on my last day in Sydney i packed my bags and headed downstairs to get my shuttle bus to the airport, after 45 mins of waiting and two phonecalls from the hostel with (i'm on my way replies) i finally got the bus and wasn't too worried as i would still be a good hour and a half before take off or so i thought.

Arriving at the airport i find no reference to my flight and after managing to find out who i need to speak to find the right desk and am greeted with the words "your not going anywhere today love". After a little wheeling and dealing and me explaining i have no contact number for them to let me no when the flight might leave after having my phone stolen up the coast they decided to put me up in a room in one of the airport hotels and hopefully the plane will leave tomorrow (though i'm not convinced).

so along with a crowd of others who were given rooms in the hotel we headed in another shuttle bus i then had the joys of an airline paying your bill in the hotel, which meant free food (though not off the menu just the buffet we provide you) , free drinks (as long as their soft and you got there quick or its water only), free leisure facilities (which means outdoor pool which is not great in the rain) so basically that left me with the greatest bed ever and a free sports channel in the room, and i was there long enough to watch England get stuffed at the cricket, learn the rules of aussie football, and wonder why australians watch hourse drawn cart racing. Rising the next morning and meeting at reception at 6am we were greeted with the news that the flight is not going this morning as promised and MAY leave later, so back up to the awesome bed i had just dragged myself out of and as i woke 4 ours later i was greeted with a letter under the door which said the plane would leave at 2:30 and true to there word third time lucky Aerolineas Argentineas did get me to Auckland (on an air new zealand plane)where the poor people who it was supposed to take to Argentina got to spend another night in an airport hotel.

No comments: