HILEYBOY

My photo
Leeds, west yorkshire, United Kingdom
I'm currently on a worldwide trip seeing some of the most amazing places in the world, meeting some of the greatest people there is to meet and trying to be the best that i can be and use the little i have to help others and make a difference

Welcome to my blog

Keep checking up for all my relevant, or not so relevant news pics and info. Keep in touch by leaving your comments or by emailing hileyboy@yahoo.com

Check out my book of face

Ian Hiley's Facebook profile

Tuesday 8 April 2008

Miami beach




As i arrive at Miami airport i find the bus stop and grab a couple of service buses across to my Hostel located 1 street off south beach an area where the cool, young American crowd come to hang out and party.

The hostel i'm staying in is called Jazz and is a really busy party kind of hostel. I find myself in a room of 10 beds 5 of which are full of English travellers. The sun is shining and the beaches are busy with people on Spring break, seemingly a tradition where everyone from around American goes on a road trip to find some sun and hit the beach.

The next few days were a pretty relaxing time of late nights, lie ins and lying on the beach except when the rainstorms hit which you really did not want to get caught in.

My first night there was St Patricks day and i headed to an Irish bar, which was busier than most places on new years eve, it was a pretty crazy experience but the really seem to love the Irish out here.

A few things i have to get used to here, they charge you for everything and tips are gonna kill me, you tip everyone. We went to one place to watch a game of soccer (dont worry i've not turned American already its just a few friends from over may read this and there easily confused you know. I think i would have more chance explaining Quantum physics than cricket), anyway the bar told us we had to order a meal or we couldn't sit and watch the game - weird. Oh and you can turn right through a red light, this meant a couple of near misses whilst crossing streets.

No comments: