HILEYBOY

My photo
Leeds, west yorkshire, United Kingdom
I'm currently on a worldwide trip seeing some of the most amazing places in the world, meeting some of the greatest people there is to meet and trying to be the best that i can be and use the little i have to help others and make a difference

Welcome to my blog

Keep checking up for all my relevant, or not so relevant news pics and info. Keep in touch by leaving your comments or by emailing hileyboy@yahoo.com

Check out my book of face

Ian Hiley's Facebook profile

Sunday 30 March 2008

Last weekend





My last weekend in Peru was a really special time, i took a trip to the beach a few miles from Lima with some of my new friends, and enjoyed the fantastic sunshine (it was a hot one) and great waves of the beach there. We had a great day playing around and then went back to the house and were joined by most of the youth group who came to wish me off, we had a special time where i shared with them some of my experiences in Peru and some of the things i had felt God had been teaching me. They all prayed for me and my future
it was a great feeling to be part of that environment and to in such a short time feel like i had been so accepted as part of that family, something i shared with the church the next morning.

It seems amazing to me that as a Christian it seems no matter where i go there is always a part of my family already there. It is a hard thing to describe to people who haven't experienced that before. But having a common love for God no matter how different your experience, culture and lifestyle are you have a real connection. The Christian faith, and love of God seems to cut through and cross over barriers of language, culture and ethnicity.

I had a great time in Peru with some of my most memorable experiences and was lucky enough to spend time with some great people who really looked after me so much, and despite the warnings i managed a month in South America without getting sick. I'm sure when i have opportunity to stop and reflect more i will realise even more things i have learnt but for now i'm on the move again and as Will Smith would say its time to "Party in the city where the heat is on, All night on the beach till the break of dawn, Welcome to miami, I'm going to Miami."

No comments: